Self-advocacy is referred to as the ability to articulate one’s needs and make informed decisions about the supports necessary to meet those needs.
Anaheim Adult Day Care staff help clients:
- Express preferences, interests, wants, and needs
- Evaluate the outcomes of previous decisions to make future decisions accordingly
- Increase communication skills such as negotiation, compromise, and persuasion
- Accept responsibility for actions and decisions
- Increase their self-confidence
All persons regardless of disability must learn through experiences to explore, take risks, learn from consequences, become self-motivated, develop positive self-esteem and gain control over their lives.